Life Spiral - A new life post INSEAD !

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Phase 2 Begins...


Blogging is addictive. Well it has been. I have actually taken to smoking and quit at will atleast in 2 instances. Maybe I am strong willed or maybe I was not given the same set of neurons everyone was blessed with. Life in the last three months has been with a lot of eerie silence. It has been less packed than ever before. After 10 months of partying the silence has disturbed me a lot. But then the silence has given me time to think. Time when I have realized certain things have changed forever. Yes forever. My CV no more looks the same. I am no more one of the "most underpaid employee around". Infact I need to admit, I feel "terribly overpaid" for my skills, competencies and potential I hold. I am also in a geography that is considered "much better" than I came from. INSEAD was fun, but it should not have changed my valuation so much. Ok before I continue with my random ramblings (of course I can't control it too much), here is a quick intro what has happenned in my life so far.

I graduated from INSEAD on a relatively "un-emotional day" (I am an aberration) thanks to all the logistics ahead of me. The same weekend, I left for this tiny central american country where I spent a month with my Fiancee even if it meant missing the France-Italy Final. Italy's win that evening was symbolic as I was over the atlantic. It meant, I told myself, my future was brighter than Past. The month that followed was so relaxing. Learning spanish for a couple of hours a day, picking and dropping off the girl at work and socializing with family and spending weekends at the lake and the ancient city around. It was paradise until Fiancee decided to do some community work in some noname village. Before I knew it it was time to leave. After a 10 day internship with a start-up (yes very brief, I did it for charity) and meeting up with a couple of INSEAD friends, I spent a month and half with my parents. Then I am here in Italy for the last 2 weeks, working for a company that did succeed in persuading me to join them.

About this blog, One of my friends from INSEAD asked me if I still blogged (well one of the 5 who knew I blogged during INSEAD) and I thought why not. After about 25 hours of Italian classes, I knew how to use Google translation and dictionary and so after some research decided to name this blog whatever it is named essentially trying to imply "Gypsy Life" as Gypsy was already taken (well the Italians blog too). Life is feminine and Gypsy is masculine, now before getting all judgemental about my name picking abilities, remember that the name deathspiral was picked for me by finance monkey and INSEAD alum. So with no guidance and spoonfeeding I have decided to title this blog Life Spiral because this in many ways is called "Real Life" following the MBA. Ok enough of explanations, now to the real Blog. Thats it for today.

Cheers

2 Comments:

  • welcome back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 AM  

  • The Return of DS!

    Whoo. So, what work are you supposed to be doing? Where?

    Good to see you post again.

    By Blogger kpmg, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page