Life Spiral - A new life post INSEAD !

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Emotional Intelligence !

It is unbelievable how many great theories there are about human behavior. It is unbelievable how unpredictable my own behavior has been. Two weeks back, I was the one who was to a large extent disillusioned. Today I was the one giving a colleague a motivational speech for well over an hour on how she can make a difference. Why do things change? The only thing that changed between last "instance of helplessness" and the "cautious optimism" is simply some deep thinking. Well you do have time for that in this less busy non-INSEAD world ! Well did I say the INSEAD world was busy? If it was, it could not have been busy for these "instances of self-actualization". I did incidentally got to the the book on emotional intelligence and got through a few lines that had missed me the first time. It helped. I don't think I am emotionally more intelligent than I was a couple of weeks back, but I certainly am a little more "self-controlled" and "self-confident" compared to where I found myself 2 weeks back.

One thing is for certain. When I finish 2006, I am proud of what I have accomplished this year. I had three jobs on graduation. I have zero debts six months into graduation. I am "well settled in a new town and have started learning two new languages this year. I have a wedding date (yes, Wannabe, getting married next summer) !

This reminds me of a remarkable quote from the CEO of a company (that my friend used last weekend)...."Career is like a marathon, not a 100m dash. Don't use up all your energy early on and lose the race. You need a lot of energy to finish, finishing first has to do with stamina rather than heroics"

Things of the week: Visit to Germany. Visited a friend who got recently married ! Forgot a gift for him but will make it up next time. Thrashed people (well not really) - in Bowling. Scored an average of 130 (well my usual average is around 120) with a top score of 146 ! Anyone better than that around here?

1 Comments:

  • Do regulars get invited for the wedding? :P

    lol

    Bowling? You should be playing pool! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page