Life Spiral - A new life post INSEAD !

Friday, December 01, 2006

European Visitors / Invitations Christmas Break and Quotable Quotes.

Well, although I did not have a story to tell for today, I think its a good time to actually do an inventory of the many things going on. Work is going pretty well. Social life sucks (vaccum created by INSEAD is unfilled yet) and blood alcohol content is at an all-adulthood-low ! With blogging (read rambling to self) becoming a key entertainer, (sigh, my life sucks), I thought why not do a quick inventory on things going on.

(1) As you all might have noticed, I have this little "origin" of the "visitors" to my blogs and I was surprised I have more than 50% of my visitors from Europe, and absolutely no visitors from emerging markets :) (with the exception of Malaysia and we all know who visits here from Malaysia). Lets see if I get ideas on how to promote my ramblings to such exciting countries like India and China because as analysts say "if you need to survive, you need to be there".

(2) Invitations for wedding. Well there is a huge controversy around the number of invitees and the way the ceremonies should be conducted etc., especially in a cross-cultural wedding. Wannabe - if you can foot the bills of travelling half the world to a wedding, let me know - maybe I will consider inviting you as the only regular visitor around here :). But the subject of wedding is not a great topic because everyone who is helping me get ready for it thinks I am contributing nothing...and thats true :). As long as I don't see a dot on my clustermap of a "wierd" country, I can make such bold comments :)

(3) Christmas break - As the italians now frequently say - I am "going back to mama". Hopefully I will view my blog and keep clicking "Refresh" and claim some "home visitors actually have visited me". Thinking about the extent to which both my job and family requires me to travel, I think I can paint a large part of the world map red with dots :). But I still need the japanese and american visitor to keep clicking refresh. Sigh I can't believe KV (the LBS blogger) has got me all obsessed about the clustermap.

(4) Quotable Quotes

"Career is a marathon, stamina is all that matters"

"Leadership is not about leading extra-ordinary people. Its about leading ordinary individuals to achieve extra-ordinary things"


Well, for some reason both these are the most impressive "management quotes" I have heard in a while and I just thought I should put them together here today.

I guess I will sign off now ! Its a friday evening, I don't think no one is working around me :)

1 Comments:

  • Dude. I'm just wondering, for your wedding, who's footing the bill?

    You? Her? Your family or her family?

    My gf and I have been kicking around the idea, and from what I understand, chances are that both of us will be footing the bill, though my family will pick up the dinner bill for my side, and my gf and I will have to pick up the dinner bill for her side since there will be two separate dinners.

    Chinese weddings have huge dinners where they invite the entire village and friends.... :( So it's very costly :(

    What's your wedding going to be like?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page