Life Spiral - A new life post INSEAD !

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Clock forward, moving a gear ahead !

This is a very unique week in several ways. When in the last few weeks I have been talking to colleagues and some senior executives around me on what they think are the important issues that need to be addressed over the next year from my role. I have also put together a "story" bringing together all these perspectives and adding my own experience to it. The end result has given me good confidence to go ahead and start selling the story. FW 12/Fw 13 have actually been important. As europe starts to turn its clock forward, I am symbollically starting to accelerate in my job.

This week when I saw significant "neutral" views from several senior quarters (read: boss) on the proposal, I was quite impressed that someone in my group was briefed with my "ideas" with the suggestion that "this is important for us". Ironically my boss came back to me and started pushing me on a proposal. That is great sign because I get to do what I passionately believe in.

I also had a very eventful weekend with the clock moving forward, Parties, dinner at friends, squash and roller-blading, no wonder the social life starts falling in place the moment you start feeling happy. Wedding preparations are in full swing too !

1 Comments:

  • DS so many blogs. you should consolidate. Am going to RSM (netherlands). Will be interesting. If money and time permit, might visit italy. Lol.

    can't believe I'm still reading your blogs after 2 years

    By Blogger kpmg, at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page