Life Spiral - A new life post INSEAD !

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dinner with classmates !

A couple of classmates working for a consulting company in a city nearby are consulting with companies in town and were nice enough to drop a note. We had dinner together after their 9:30 close of business. It was kind of sad that they "never leave work before 9". It seems to be an important metric in the job ! Anyways, I was quite embarassed to talk about the fact that I actually got into work an hour late in the morning because of an appointment with a house broker and yet got out at 6 in Punto. Eeks, does that mean I never get a chance to be CEO of any company ever? I guess. But cruel ! It was fun how lives have taken different trajectories. I have noticed that the consultant is always a "scarce resource" within the company and the partners always are pushing you to come back and work in the middle of your vacations. I have heard this like 20 times so far in my INSEAD year and heard it one more time. I was however suprised to hear M2 (one of my ex-housemate consultant) was actually sticking to her vacation plans. Knowing her (and where she comes from), I would think atleast 5 senior partners have called her so far to tell her she should consider coming back from south america to work on a "Sexy project" they have. Atleast when I last heard, she hadn't returned.

But all that apart - I loooooooooooved being back with INSEADers. There is indeed a bond. It is even more amazing to hear the stories following graduation than it was when we were all together.

Else not much happenned. There was a party last weekend of my class in London and guess what ?????????? There were crazy people I knew who flew in from Dubai, Boston, and Some God knows where south east asian country :) !!http://picasaweb.google.com/dimitrios.stratakis/SaturdayParty
And all that for drinking and saying "how is it going in the "Abu Dhabi Office"????". I guess, network effect is starting to take effect :). I don't think I am thaaaat social. Maybe I will travel if there is a wedding or not, for drinking I have the local italian hangouts! But I will certainly set time aside for guys who care to say hello to me when they stop by my little town and there have been three in the last 2 months!

1 Comments:

  • DS

    are there any reasons _not_ to go into consulting? just wondering about a career it it...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page